Poster Information & Submission Guidelines
2017 Oregon AWHONN
- Wednesday, September 27
- Thursday, September 28
- Friday, September 29
- NCC Codes
- Handouts - Link sent to attendees
- Poster Display Application Form - CLOSED
- Vendor Registration
This Year's Charity
The Guardian Group
Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Call for Posters
The 2017 Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Program Committee is seeking poster presentations for the annual fall conference to be held September 27 - 29, 207 at Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend, Oregon.
Staff nurses, students, and researchers who have implemented a best practice idea, found an innovative solution to a clinical problem, conducted a research study, etc. are encouraged to bring a poster for display at the conference.
AWHONN is the leading professional association for nurses who specialize in the care of women and newborns. Our members include neonatal nurses; women's health nurses; lactation consultants; OB-GYN, labor and delivery, and postpartum nurses; nurse researchers, educators, executives, and managers; childbirth educators; clinical nurse specialists; nurse practitioners; and nurse-midwives.
Our state conference draws over 200 attendees each year, several of whom hold advanced degrees. Displaying your poster at AWHONN ensures your practice ideas, research, case studies, or innovative programs will be viewed by a highly-skilled and influential body of nurses.
The theme of the 2017 Oregon AWHONN Annual Fall Conference is "Staying Afloat in the Rapidly Changing World of Maternal and Newborn Medicine." Conference objectives are to:
- Recognize personal strengths to be a leader in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Implement evidence-based solutions in all practice settings.
- Develop professional strategies to improve outcomes for women, newborns, and nursing.
Poster and/or Presentation Guidelines
- Information included should relate to women’s health, obstetric and/or neonatal nursing practice, education, or administration.
- Topics should complement the 2017 conference goals/objectives.
- All applicants will be informed about poster and/or presentation acceptance 3 weeks following receipt of application.
- Accepted applicants will be required to be available to answer questions about their poster and/or presentation during scheduled breaks throughout the conference (Thursday and Friday) and at the Vendor Fair (Thursday).
- (Optional) Accepted applicants may give a 5- to 7-minute oral presentation that summarizes the highlights/main points of your poster topic. Oral presentations will take place on Thursday, September 28, 2017 from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm.
To Display a Poster:
- Poster application process is closed.
- Ensure your poster is free of commercial bias.
- AWHONN seeks to ensure that all educational programming is free of commercial bias and under no circumstances should the poster displayed include promotion of a product or service.
- Posters should be no larger than 46.5 inches high and 93.75 inches wide.
- Electrical outlets will not be available.
- Poster set up begins Wednesday, September 27 from 1730 - 2100.
- Posters will be displayed starting all day Thursday, September 28, 2017 through Friday mid-morning, September 29, 2017.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for:
- Items needed to display poster (easel, tape, clips, etc.).
- Travel and all expenses related to poster presentation.
- Removing posters at the end of the conference.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of the following Committee members by phone or email at:
- Donna Dial: [email protected]
- Donna Salazar: [email protected]