Poster Information & Submission Guidelines
2016 Oregon AWHONN
- Preliminary Program
- Sunday, September 25
- Monday, September 26
- Tuesday, September 27
- NCC Codes
- Handouts - Now available. Attendees, please check your email for the link.
- Poster Display Application Form - CLOSED
This Year's Charity
Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Call for Posters
The 2016 Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Program Committee is seeking poster presentations for the annual fall conference to be held September 25 - 27, 2016 at the Oregon Garden Resort located in Silverton, OR.
Staff nurses, students, and researchers who have implemented a best practice idea, found an innovative solution to a clinical problem, conducted a research study, etc. are encouraged to bring a poster for display at the conference.
AWHONN is the leading professional association for nurses who specialize in the care of women and newborns. Our members include neonatal nurses; women's health nurses; lactation consultants; OB-GYN, labor and delivery, and postpartum nurses; nurse researchers, educators, executives, and managers; childbirth educators; clinical nurse specialists; nurse practitioners; and nurse-midwives.
Our state conference draws over 200 attendees each year, several of whom hold advanced degrees. Displaying your poster at AWHONN ensures your practice ideas, research, case studies, or innovative programs will be viewed by a highly-skilled and influential body of nurses.
The theme of the 2016 Oregon AWHONN Annual FallConference is "Cultivating Innovations in Care: Knowledge in Bloom." Conference objectives are to:
- Disseminate evidence-based solutions that lead to nursing excellence.
- Integrate innovations into nursing practice
Poster and/or Presentation Guidelines
- Information included should relate to women’s health, obstetric and/or neonatal nursing practice, education, or administration.
- Topics should complement the 2016 conference goals/objectives.
- All applicants will be informed about poster and/or presentation acceptance 3 weeks following receipt of application.
- Accepted applicants will be required to be available to answer questions about their poster and/or presentation during scheduled breaks throughout the conference (Monday and Tuesday) and at the Vendor Fair (Monday).
- (Optional) Accepted applicants may give a 5- to 7-minute oral presentation that summarizes the highlights/main points of your poster topic. Oral presentations will take place on Monday, September 26, 2016.
To Display a Poster:
- Poster application process is now closed.
- Ensure your poster is free of commercial bias.
- AWHONN seeks to ensure that all educational programming is free of commercial bias and under no circumstances should the poster displayed include promotion of a product or service.
- Posters should be no larger than 46.5 inches high and 93.75 inches wide.
- Electrical outlets will not be available.
- Poster set up begins Sunday, September 25 from 1730 - 2100.
- Posters will be displayed starting all day Monday, September 26, 2016 through Tuesday mid-morning, September 27, 2016.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for:
- Items needed to display poster (easel, tape, clips, etc.).
- Travel and all expenses related to poster presentation.
- Removing posters at the end of the conference.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of the following Committee members by phone or email at:
- Linda Veltri: [email protected] or by phone at 503-753-7171
- Pat Scheans: [email protected]