Poster Information & Submission Guidelines
2015 Oregon AWHONN
- Wednesday, September 9
- Thursday, September 10
- Friday, September 11
- NCC Codes
- Handouts - Link available to registered attendees only.
This Year's Charity
The HOME Program by OnTrack, Inc
Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Call for Posters
The 2015 Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Program Committee is seeking posters for display at the annual fall conference to be held September 9 - 11, 2015 in Medford, OR.
Staff nurses, students, and researchers who have implemented a best practice idea, innovative solution to a clinical problem, or conducted a research study etc. are encouraged to bring a poster for display at the conference.
AWHONN is the leading professional association for nurses who specialize in the care of women and newborns. Our members include neonatal nurses, women's health nurses, lactation consultants, OB-GYN, labor and delivery and postpartum nurses, nurse researchers, educators, executives, and managers, childbirth educators, clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners and nurse-midwives.
Our state conference draws over 200 attendees each year, several of which who hold advanced degrees. Displaying your poster at AWHONN ensures your practice ideas, research, case studies, or innovative programs will be viewed by a highly skilled and influential body of nurses.
The goal of the 2015 Oregon AWHONN Annual Conference is to Spotlight Best Practice for women, mothers, and babies. Conference objectives are to:
- Implement evidence-based solutions that lead to nursing excellence
- Integrate innovations into nursing practice
- Information included should relate to women's health, obstetric and/or neonatal nursing practice, education, or administration.
- Topics should complement the 2015 conference goals/objectives.
- All applicants will be informed about poster acceptance three (3) weeks following receipt of application.
To Display a Poster:
- Complete and submit the Poster Display Application form by August 20, 2015.
- Ensure poster is free of commercial bias.
- AWHONN seeks to ensure that all educational programming is free of commercial bias and under no circumstances should poster displayed include promotion of a product or service.
- Posters should be no larger than 46.5 inches high and 93.75 inches wide.
- Electrical outlets will not be available.
- Poster set up begins Wednesday, September 9 at 1800 - 2100.
- Posters will be displayed starting all day Thursday, September 10, 2015 through Friday mid-morning, September 11, 2015.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for:
- Items needed to display poster (easel, etc.).
- Travel and all expenses related to poster presentation.
- Removing posters at the end of the conference.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of the following Committee members by phone or email at:
- Linda Veltri: [email protected] or by phone at 503-753-7171
- Pat Scheans: [email protected]